Saturday, November 5, 2011

T-Minus 3 Days: HOLY CANNOLI. I'm freakin' out.

It's 2:45am the Friday before I am supposed to leave for my epic-once-in-a-life-time-I-might-be-crazy-to-do-this-solo-road-trip/attempt-to-move-cross-country. The effing to-do list is a mile long and I quite frankly have been my own worst enemy when it comes to productivity this week and "preparing" for my big adventure. I've had the house all to myself for a solid 6 days now (the parents peaced out for the week to St. Martin's a mere week before their first born is set to move across country, HUMPH! Kidding, I love you guys!). But 6 days alone has basically consisted of a gazillion scraps of paper with random thoughts of crap I should maaaaaybe get done before I high-tail it out of the Upper Valley. Net-net, I've done absolutely shit to get ready and the next three days will be psychotic mayhem of packing/planning that I should have done over the past 4 months since I decided to do this. My mother is going to be SOOO happy to come home from vacation and see me! ...mehh....

Tonights dose of procrastination was brought you by: first, cooking myself a super yummy meal of Spaghetti Squash, Italian spiced ground turkey and homemade marinara sauce. Voila! And then I watched "Water For Elephants."A fabulously relaxing evening made even more so by the cheap bottle o' vino I picked up the other night to get me through the week. Well I polished that off properly and then decided I should be productive on my to-do list. At 10:30pm. After 1/2 a bottle of wine. Genius. Needless to say I think I should get a second pair of eyes on the first part of the route I "mapped" out in my road atlas... Now would be the time to be thankful for my new Garmin nuvi 1350 GPS unit! 

Welp, I suppose I should throw in the towel and call it another day well spent in the art of procrastination. For those of you who will be following me along my two week road trip across the country, as well as TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND!, thanks for jumping on board. Prepare yourself for disjointed, spazzy, EmiLou-like readings. I am basically incapable of typing normally and it all comes out the same way as I talk. Hopefully you can follow along. I apologize in advance for misspellings, crude language, and incorrect grammar. But it all comes down to the fact that whatchya see is whatchya get with this kid :D

Peace out cub scouts.
Yours truly to the moon n back again <3

EmiLouLou



Home sweet home ;o)




5 comments:

  1. Happy Trails to you Sweetie!! I am sooo happy and excited for you as you start this new adventure. Enjoy it -- don't hurry, take your time, savor it. But.... don't leave me stranded in Albuquerque!! :) So glad I'm able to be a part of this experience with you! I LOVE YOU!!
    “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Em!!! Miss you tons!

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emi: Congrats on your adventure! BE SAFE! ENJOY the trip! Take lots of pics. You are doing what many others wish they could do but never get or take the opportunity. Can't wait to follow along with you. PS-Wait for your Mom! Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing 1, 2 3....my first "thoughtful" message didn't transmit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest LouLou, my beautiful Starfish I can not wait to hear all about your amazing adventure!!!! You are one of the most courageous people I know. Ps. I still need your destination address ;)

    LOVE YOU
    <3 LingLing

    ReplyDelete